How to unblock flash content?

sorin

How to unblock flash content?

Post by sorin »

Hello. I noticed some videos in facebook won`t play. They don`t start (in Blink engine, in Explorer`s Trident seem to be OK). How to unblock flash content for some pages/sites in this browser? I didn`t see any pop up there for this. And there are not any settings for plugins here... Thanks
tungsten
Administrator

Re: How to unblock flash content?

Post by tungsten »

Thank you for using Tungsten.

Please try following steps:
  1. Go to chrome://settings/content/flash
  2. Ensure "Allow sites to run Flash" option is enabled. If it is disabled, enable.
  3. Next to the "Allow" option click "Add".
  4. Type the site you want to unblock and click "Add".
sorin

Post by sorin »

Hello, there is not any option to Allow flash except Ask first (recommended)! And never is Asking in a page with video for that just won`t start the video! So many videos in facebook won`t play at all (could not start the video even if I press it to start!), in blink. And if I turn to Trident the same page there to play the same video, many times the browser will start to freeze and must close it completely. I used last period other chrome based browser to see normal a video in facebook but I want and why I cannot use tungsten for this?! Besides, it seems too confusing and irritating to try to write there every site in Allow if I want to see a video inside facebook, since there are a lot of videos posted everyday! (I don`t talk about youtube page videos, this working OK), it`s about to play videos inside facebook site. And I noticed also for some sites I cannot write the complete url to Allow flash there https://... : ...com, it will remain saved only the 1-rst part of the url! So I cannot run flash also to see some TV live stations in this browser. Thanks
tungsten
Administrator

Post by tungsten »

Hello,

The Facebook video can't play even if you allow at Flash settings because HTML5 video (H.264+AAC) always takes precedence. However, Tungsten does not have a propriatary decoder that is necessary for playing HTML5 video because of the patent issue.

Video playback is possible by replacing ffmpeg.dll in the installation folder of Tungsten with ffmpeg.dll with a proprietary decoder. This ffmpeg.dll is available at FFmpeg prebuilt binaries for NW.js. Please use a latest file.
Please note that ffmpeg.dll will be overwritten by future Tungsten updates.

Thank you.
sorin

Post by sorin »

Unfortunately, I tried as suggested to replace the browser`s file ffmpeg.dll with another one from that site but unfortunately the browser won`t start at all after that... So I replaced it back as it was initially. I use portable edition on Win 7 64 bit. Thanks!
sorin

Post by sorin »

Sorry this cannot work. Replacing ffmpeg.dll with another one ffmpeg.dll from github site will not start after the browser at all! Or maybe is too difficult for me to understand how to do it properly. I just unzipped and replaced after the same file with the other ffmpeg.dll little bigger than original. Thanks anyway. Win 7 64 bit tungsten portable edition
tungsten
Administrator

Post by tungsten »

sorin wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 12:20 pm
Unfortunately, I tried as suggested to replace the browser`s file ffmpeg.dll with another one from that site but unfortunately the browser won`t start at all after that...
Sorry! We have just known that Tungsten 2.13 doesn't work with latest prebuilt ffmpeg.dll for NW.js. We confirmed that it works with version 0.27.5. Please download 0.27.5 (link), and replace.

If you use experimental version, it will work latest prebuilt ffmpeg.dll for NW.js. Please note that you have to update NW.js's ffmpeg.dll when Tungsten is updated.
sorin

Post by sorin »

It works now. Thank you! :)